Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 78149
We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo is seeking an Retail Manager 3 for our Corporate Dining Services segment in Chicago, IL! This a great opportunity for a polished and professional Retail Manager seeking to grow their career and skill set in Corporate Dining. This is a Financial Services Location servicing professional staff in the downtown metro area.
This SodexoMAGIC Café underwent a thorough remodel in 2017 and currently provides over 800 breakfasts and 800 lunches each day to a building population of around 1800 people. The best qualified candidate will focused on be able to work closely with the catering team to support large events and must be very comfortable with technology. Experience with any digital menu design or management is a huge plus!
Are you a leader? The Retail Manager will be in charge of:
- Front-of-house operations including Barista and Micro Market
- Customer service
- Client relations
- Onsite marketing
- Digital signage program
- Interdepartmental promotions
- Purchasing compliance and ordering
- Implementing sustainability initiatives
- All unit HACCP record keeping and training
- A large variety of food concept offerings (World Foods, Hot Bar, Salads, Carvery, Simply To Go, and the exclusive healthy concept ‘Smart Eats’)
- About 11 direct hourly reports including baristas and cashiers
Why apply to this position?
- This position offers a predominantly Monday through Friday daytime schedule
- There are established systems and clear defined KPI’s proven to help you succeed
- Being a part of the SodexoMAGIC partnership is great way to improve the world
- Sodexo provides unparalleled opportunities for career advancement
- You’ll have creative freedom to design menus and promotional outreach
- You will be a part of a progressive effort to advance sustainability – we recycle and even compost on site!
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today!
You can grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.