Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 63655
PROJECTED NEW OPENING - Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager to manage the United Airlines Employee Cafe in Elk Grove, IL. This position will report directly to the General Manager that is located at a different location. The Chef Manager will be the primary contact for the food service operations at this location and will be responsible for the day to day operational responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and their duties include: some cash handling, menu planning, ordering, inventory, managing a team of 10 hourly employees, food and labor costing, training, safety and HAACP.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls for operation
- provide daily training and coaching to the culinary team, and directly manage 10 employees;
- have the ability to provide hands on cooking about 60- 80% of the time;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Systems
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Sodexo Corporate Environments - Click HERE to read more
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://bit.ly/Ail5qR
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.