Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64053
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Service Manager 3 to oversee the Resident Dining program at University of Idaho, in Moscow, ID – near Spokane, WA - a long standing university account since 1989. This campus has over 1500 students with resident dining program totalling $5.5M serving 3,000 + meals daily, with 9 various stations including 2 action stations, 360 grill, deli, pizza, vegan/vegetarian, salad bar, etc. As Food Service Manager 3, you will participate in the “Best Value Performance Measurement contract” implementation as well as continuous process improvements for increasing revenues and decreasing costs. You will collaborate with our culinary team to provide an attractive environment where customers enjoy creative and exciting menus, while ensuring Resident Dining standards and driving client relationships.
This is an opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment with a client with high expectations. Success will be measured by improved customer satisfaction, customer and employee engagement, financial improvements and average increased daily cash sales, sustainability and sanitation. You will learn many aspects of Food Service management – Resident dining as primary management role, but also assist as part of the University of Idaho team for Catering and Conference Services, multiple Retail Food operations, and Concessions.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a high volume multiple station Student Resident Dining operation with board plans. Food Retail experience (QSR) a plus.
- Understanding of campus resident dining and how to market towards special meal plans, voluntary meal plans, etc and utilize social media in sharing such with student population
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment with Sustainability initiatives to share educational information w/students.
- A passion and commitment to providing a welcoming dining experience to our students and leading a team focused on high level of customer satisfaction.
- A strong background in excellent operational performance, leading a team to greatness as well as strong client communication and relationship skills.
- Experience with Project management and working through remodel/redesign – with end goal of the Resident Dining program being THE Destination on campus.
There is RELOCATION assistance for this opportunity. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.