Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Specialist
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 74017
Are you creative in Marketing for Foodservice Operations?
Sodexo is seeking an Unit Marketing SPECIALIST for University of Hawaii - Manoa campus - the largest campus in the University of Hawaii System. With approximately 20,000 students, including approximately 4,000 students living on campus and about 3,000 students on the meal plans each semester. Manoa Dining Services provides a variety of dining options at 8 Retail and 2 Resident Dining locations throughout this campus.
This Unit Marketing Specialist will provide marketing support to promote our dining services, including voluntary meal plan and retail operation sales along with communicating our messages the promotion of health, wellness and sustainability. The Unit Marketing Specialist will work closely with Sodexo Operations Management team to develop marketing strategies, implementing Sodexo programs, roll out of new programs and systems, analyzing market data and creating innovative new strategies to capture new sales. The UMS will be responsible for marketing initiatives such as: surveys, merchandising, national programs, pricing. The position will supervise student interns and increase our Student Ambassador program. The Marketing Specialist will also do presentations at New Student Orientation and promote our Better Tomorrow Plan to our students, parents, faculty and staff. Hours will be flexible based on activities planned by the students.
What’s in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Specialist at University of Hawaii – Manoa will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
This is a great opportunity for a recent marketing graduate with some field experience who also has the ability to train along with possessing stellar verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate has a formal degree/ trade school certificate and food marketing experience in a campus environment. This is a full time position that requires “feet on the street”, hands on marketing and merchandising in the Student Dining and Food Retail venues on campus.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Background: Do you have food retail marketing experience - meal plan sales, merchandise designs, program development and execution, and visual merchandise upgrades that are current with market trends.
- Training: Can you successfully train hourly dining staff employees in the area of customer service?
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our VMPs (Voluntary Meal Plans) through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "in-house" marketing programs?
- Student Engagement: Can you engage with and integrate into the student body in order to obtain honest and constructive feedback and suggestions?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special offering/event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Train hourly staff in the area of customer service
- Identify internal/external customer needs and expectations
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers with a special emphasis on building a partnership with our client and our client's marketing team
- Maintain marketing information on intranet, company, and/or client websites
- Create monthly marketing calendars and host events to engage student and employee participation
- Coordinate all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
Looking for an exciting opportunity for hands-on in the field marketing in Food Service industry? Then look no further - Apply today and join the Sodexo Campus Marketing Team!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.