Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 73935
Are you a creative, customer focused Retail Manager who has experience overseeing mulitple venues? This may be the career step you are looking for!
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Retail Manager 2 at University of Hawaii Manoa - in Honolulu, HI. The Retail Manager will manage the 1st floor units at UofHi - Manoa's Campus Center Building. Currently there are 2 stores....Stir Fresh (in-house concept) and Pizza Hut Express (national brand). Stir Fresh is an in-house brand that often is the location for pop up restaurants....such as Grumpy's Seafood and Wasabi and Ginger. Pizza Hut Express is a licensed store which will follow the national brand standards. These locations are primarily Monday - Friday lunch operations but the vision is to expand hours and scope in the 1st floor location.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory/management background in High volume food service - restaurants, mall food courts, universities or hospitals.
- Have extensive cash handling management experience and use of Point of Sale equipment.
- Understand how to manage multiple venues across campus – having a background with maintaining standards of national food brands.
- Have strong organizational skills – be a “Go-Getter” attitude and be able to handle the fast paced environment of a large food service operation – having a high volume dining background.
- Be a visionary – always thinking towards the future: what can we do different next semester, next spring… while handling the day to day food retail operations
- Have an “Eye for Marketing” - implementing and overseeing marketing and sales strategies to increase retail sales.
- Have a strong hospitality focus - be engaged and interacting with our clients, students, faculty and employees.
- Current experience in Food service in Hawaii is preferred - understanding island culture, cuisine, workforce.
- There is NO RELOCATION assistance.
If this describes your background, we want to hear from you!
- Ability to drive sales and be a strong leader in a very fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to execute retail food service initiatives quickly, effectively and efficiently
- Strong leadership and extensive team management experience
- Knowledge of current health and wellness culinary concepts
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be successful in a lean process, metrics driven environment
- Ability to foster strong client and customer relationships
- Strong understanding of retail marketing concepts and strategies
- Self-motivated with strong drive to be process oriented
- Understanding of Sodexo systems is beneficial
- Strong financial acumen, ability to analyze sales data, understand trends and address business opportunities
- Excellent computer skills necessary
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply TODAY!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.