Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 3 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 77431
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Services General Manager 3 to oversee the Neal S Blaisdell Center on the island of Oahu, HI, conveniently located at the demographic center of Honolulu and easily accessible from Waikiki hotels and shopping centers.
The Neal S. Blaisdell Center is Hawaii’s Community Center on the island of Oahu. The Blaisdell Center complex includes a multi-purpose Arena, Exhibition Hall, Galleria, Concert Hall, Meeting Rooms and Parking Structure. These facilities are affordable, adaptable and ideal for cultural attractions, meetings, community shows, trade shows, family shows, sporting events and superstar entertainment. Blaisdell Center also offers its clients excellent food and beverage service through its concessionaire.
This GM will also oversee the Waikiki Shell, located in the spacious Kapiolani Park at the foot of Diamond Head and Waikiki beach at the opposite end. Within the Shell grounds and nearer to the ocean is a smaller amphitheater and the Diamond Head Greens.
The General Manager will manage all aspects of operation; inventory control, purchasing, coordinating, training and scheduling of Not For Profit volunteer groups, cash handling and controls, catering, and facility client relations. Candidate must be able to plan for and manage all facets of food service for multiple events, in multiple arenas simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have:
- previous Food Service and Concessions management in Sporting arenas, convention centers, or other large Business and Industry venues;
- Previous Catering, Concessions or multiple Food Retail management experience.
- Experience managing multiple high volume or VIP catering events simultaneously.
- Solid POS and cash handling oversight.
- Previous Sodexo experience or similar – familiar w/systems for ordering, inventory.
- Experience working with large groups, coordinating a volunteer staff.
- Experience handling multiple arenas, multiple events, and ability to delegate, coordinate and plan future events.
- be well versed in Culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation; with ability to oversee and grow high volume and high-profile catering.
- have Customer Focus – provide outstanding customer service to all customers and clients – both internal and external.
- Seeking candidates who have worked/lived in Hawaii and familiar w/island culture, cuisines, etc.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.