Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 50646
Are you a culinary artist who uses food as your medium? Sodexo Chefs are some of the most skilled and respected in the industry. Every day our 3,000 chefs and culinary professionals dish up millions of delicious, nutritious meals.
Sodexo is currently seeking an experienced high volume Executive Chef 2 for our Universities account at University of Hawaii at Manoa located in Honolulu. UH at Manoa is the largest campus of the University of Hawaii system. Approximately 20,000 students attend UH Manoa campus of which 4000 live on campus. Manoa Dining Services (Sodexo) supports 10 locations on campus to feed students, faculty and staff. We have 8 retail locations plus 2 resident dining locations.
Hale Aloha Cafe is the largest resident dining location on campus. Approximately 1200 students eat dinner daily in this "all you care to eat" resident dining location. Hale Aloha Cafe is the only location open on for meal service on weekends. Campus Center Food Court is our largest retail location open Monday - Fridays. We serve around 3000 students, faculty and staff breakfast and lunch at this location in the middle of campus. There is also extensive campus catering!
We are looking for an Executive Chef who will be part of the management team providing outstanding food and service for this flagship campus - There are two Executive Chefs on campus - one with a focus on Resident Dining and the other on the Food Retail concepts and Catering. This Executive Chef must be creative, aware of food trends that are coming and be a leader/ positive role model for the staff. Controlling costs is an equal priority to creating a fabulous plate.
We are seeking innovative Executive Chef candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the President of a university?
- Be a food-focused, with attention to taste, presentation, plating – flex culinary muscles!
- The ability to inspire a kitchen staff – in this hands on role -can you help others become trend-setting, innovators?
- Previous experience in High volume dining in large corporate, campus or healthcare environments, experience in banquet catering. Want to make the jump into Campus Services?
- Experience with food and labor management systems, on line ordering and inventory controls.
- Commitment to providing stellar customer service – even at “peak rush” times, attention to detail, ability to delegate.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with last minute changes in daily operations and catering, roll with the changes – find solutions.
- Authentic Hawaiian Island cuisine, culture and work experience is essential in order to be successful in this role!
For more information about UH at Manoa: Visit https://manoa.hawaii.edu
For more information about Sodexo Culinary opportunities: visit www.sodexochefjobs.com
Great opportunity for a food focused Executive Chef to join the Sodexo Campus Team at University of Hawaii – Manoa! Do you have experience APPLY TODAY!
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.