Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 51864
Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for food, then join our team at Middle Georgia State University! MGA is Georgia's newest University that began it's journey in 1884, through a consolidation of Middle Georgia College and Macon State College in 2012. Our campus spans five counties. As the Executive Chef 2 your responsibilities for this hands-on role will include menu planning, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & catering processes. In this position you will have direct customer and client interaction. Executive Chef will have catering responsibilty as well as oversight of food production at both the Cochran campus as well as the Macon campus - which are 52 miles apart (mileage will be reimbursed by Sodexo). Reporting to the GM you will oversee a mixed workforce of up to 40 full-time, part-time and student associates.
We are seeking candidates with prior experience managing culinary operations for resident dining, retail and catering:
Do you have....
- College/University culinary experience?
- A strong culinary background with experience in catering and banquets?
- The ability to inspire a kitchen staff?
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation?
- A strong focus on customer service excellence?
- Experience with exhibition cooking?
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees?
- A focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets?
- Ability to manage multiple properties
- A strong understanding of financials and strong analytical thinking skills?
If you answered "yes" to these questions then you definitely want to be part of this team who strive each day for excellence. Apply today!!
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.