Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 65452
Sodexo Universities is seeking a motivated Food Service Manager 2 to oversee Highlander Hall Dining Hall and four Retail Units at Gordon State College located in historic Barnesville, GA! Highlander Hall is located in the Student Center, and is the primary dining facility on campus, serving approximately 1100 meals a day. Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Service Manager will be responsible for providing direction, supervision and training for a talented food service team. The Food Service Manager will work closely with the General Manager on campus to ensure customer service excellence. Position has oversight for a staff of 60 (including part-time students and full-time employees). Typical shifts will be Sunday 10am-7pm, Monday-Thursday 10:00am-8:00pm.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Campus/university food service management experience or other high volume environments;
- Leadership experience to supervise, train and develop a diverse team of frontline employees with a strong focus on customer service;
- Have a true passion for food - "Foodie" mentality that is pervasive within the team
- High expectations for customer service, consistent delivery and quality of food.
- Good understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor.
- Innovative thinker - Ability to think outside of the box to increase sales, new marketing approaches.
- There is Relocation assistance for this opportunity
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.