Your future, so sodexo
Safety and Health Manager
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 68005
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for providing coordinated management support and program direction in the areas of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) program development, management and compliance internally for the Sodexo team while also assisting the client HSE Managers to ensure an effective integration of programs. In addition, the HSE manager provides direct communication to account management on current HSE related incidents and compliance concerns, program development needs, and actions necessary to affect positive and sustained results. Position is required to drive health and safety programs and achieve targets in MS, AL, LA, GA, OK. AK Position based in GA, AL or MS. Requires 50-60% travel within the US
- Interface directly with client HSE representatives to facilitate an effective integration of the clients HSE requirements and expectations into Sodexo account specific HSE program.
- Develop and deliver effective employee and management HSE related training and orientation programs that are account specific and address all applicable regulatory training requirements.
- Plan and conduct training and educational programs for employees and external customers.
- Manage facility safety plans and processes
- Monitor programs to ensure regulatory compliance in the areas of safety and health and environmental regulations
- Conduct periodic health and safety and environmental inspection/audits of account facilities.
- Administer employee environmental health and safety training programs, to include direct instruction, self-study software programs, and other educational media (as applicable)
- Ensuring compliance within territory for OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations and client policies and procedures and working with account Sustainability manager for Chemical (SDS) reviews.
- Key attribute is interpersonal skills with people and fosters a team work environment to continually improve safety.
- Extensive Health and Safety expertise is a must. Food Safety is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
- Background in OSHA requirements for construction and general industry.
- Strong customer service experience and ability to motivate others to complete projects on time. Coordinate all efforts effectively and be ready to train, coach and counsel employees.
- Knowledge of facilities management and/or operations is a plus.
Capacity to work independently to achieve expected results and ability to prioritize work
- Leadership skills and ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholder at all levels of the organization.
- High sense of ownership and self-accountability
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, embrace diversity and provide simple solutions to complex situations.
- Extensive Health and Safety expertise is a must. Food Safety is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety with 5 years of relevant work experience.
Safety-related designation or certification such as CIH or CSP is a plus
Subject matter expertise and domain knowledge in OSHA regulations, behavioral based safety, facility management and program/project management
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.