Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 64121
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef II at Georgia Institute of Technology located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, GA. The position drives culinary excellence at West Village, the newest of three large community restaurant facilities on Georgia Tech's campus serving 4500 board plans. The Executive Chef will oversee 5 Micro restaurants on the second floor of a new three story dining facility that will also include the Campus Commissary Kitchen, the Campus Bakery Commissary Kitchen in addition to housing Panera Bread and Starbuck. West Village will operate daily including weekends and late night hours and is expected to average over 18,000 meals weekly during the fall semester. This location is in operation full year supporting fall, spring, and summer semesters. The Executive Chef II position reports directly to the Campus Executive Chef. This position works with the lead Operations Manager II/Unit Manager completing a three person management team that also includes a Service Manager and the unit is directly supported by an Operations Manager III from the resident dining department. The Unit also includes the Campus Pastry Chef and Campus Commissary Chef. The location has an hourly staff of approximately 90 employees including multiple levels of culinary experience and skill. The Executive Chef needs to be extremely creative, providing cutting edge offerings that will "WOW" the client. This is a working chef position. Excellent customer service and client relations skills are a must.
The ideal candidate:
- Has high volume culinary production experience in Campus/University, Hotel, or Banquet setting in addition to high volume al a carte/restaurant experience
- Committed to providing the highest level of culinary services.
- Is a leader and focuses on team building, training, and mentoring of staff
- Focuses on food quality, presentation, creativity, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance.
- Technically competent in unit financial management with proven experience ordering, maintaining food and labor cost, and controlling inventory.
- Takes responsibility for training and development of hourly culinary employees.
- Possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards and ability to drive employee accountability for sanitation standards.
- Demonstrates culinary creativity and is experienced creating menu’s that incorporate promotions and interactive student presentations.
- An organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a culinary degree and preferred CEC Certification through American Culinary Federation.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Keywords: Executive Chef, Production Chef, Certified Executive Chef
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.