Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 1
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 64120
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef I/ Campus Commissary Chef at Georgia Institute of Technology located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, GA. This is a high profile account with an intense focus on our “Fresh, Local, Sustainable” culinary program. The Executive Chef needs to be extremely creative, providing cutting edge offerings that will "WOW" the client. The position is responsible for “From Scratch” production that supports the Georgia Tech Dining Culinary operation. Georgia Tech Dining operations serve in excess of 80,000 meals weekly and generate annual sales of $24 million. Campus dining comprises three large resident dining facilities, on campus catering, the Athletic Training Table, and Athletic Suites for football and basketball in addition the account oversees several branded and in house retail venues. This is a working chef position that reports directly to the Campus Executive Chef. Large volume, from scratch production in addition to high end catering and fine dining experience is required.
The ideal candidate:
- Has high volume culinary management experience in Campus/University setting.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments within time-lines.
- Possesses a culinary arts degree or certificate/diploma and commensurate experience.
- Is committed to providing high level of culinary service with demonstrated success in team development.
- Drives corporate standards focusing on food quality, presentation, and menu creativity.
- Is technically competent with proven experience maintaining costs using food and labor management systems and utilizing online systems to order and control inventory.
- Takes responsibility for training and development of culinary employees.
- Possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards.
- Is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, interpersonal skills.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Keywords: Chef, Executive Chef, Concessions
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.