Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 76524
US-FL-WEST PALM BEACH
Sodexo Health Care Services provides essential food and facilities services to hospitals across the country. We are currently seeking a Resource Executive Chef 2 supporting primarily southeast healthcare Florida accounts but may need to travel and assist at other locations as well. This person will support primarily St Mary's Hospital in West Palm Beach, Delray Medical Center in Delray Beach and West Boca Medical Center in West Boca. This position is expected to last 6-12 months. This Executive Chef will be responsible for the execution of the day to day food service operations for patient feeding, retail food service and catering.
This is a great opportunity for an existing Sodexo staff member that likes to work amongst several different units or a great opportunity for an external candidate to start their career with Sodexo!
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. This person is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train approximately 15-20 frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- union experience
- strong computer skills
- strong management skills.
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.