Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 68060
Sodexo Universities has a Retail Manager 2 position at The University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida. The University of Tampa is a private university with an enrollment of 8,300 students including 4,000 students living on campus. Sodexo provides resident dining, retail, concessions, summer conferences and catering on campus with a total volume of $14 million annually. The state of the art “Restaurant Collection” resident dining program has over 4,000 students on a dining plan. This particular position will be mainly responsible for The 4500 sq. ft. Starbucks store on campus and reporting to the Senior Retail Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team of 50 including supervisors and front-line hourly staff. This position will also assist in other areas of the University based on business needs.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills, excellent communication skills, problem solving, experience in managing high volume and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Previous Campus upper level Food Service Manager experience with Resident Dining and Retails with National and Sodexo brands. (Ideally Starbucks but not required).
- Demonstrate a strong culinary knowledge and understanding the quality of food and be open to creatively meeting the needs of the varied student population
- Showcase skills of innovation, initiative, customer service, marketing and merchandising to be able to meet the high expectations of this growing university.
- Managing staff members to best meet the needs of the operation. Meet and maintain all Sodexo policies and procedures at all times.
- Highly developed organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and productively address account needs.
- Working with a high end client at a showcase account
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.