Your future, so sodexo
Resident District Manager
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 68640
Sodexo is seeking a Resident District Manager, Food /Food Service Director for Florida International University (FIU), located in Miami, FL.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Sodexo Universities Segment is seeking passionate and energetic individuals for a potential strategic new sale. Florida International University (FIU) is an American metropolitan public research university in Greater Miami, Florida. FIU has two major campuses in Miami-Dade County, with its main campus in University Park. This strategic alliance target is the largest university in South Florida, the 2nd-largest in Florida, and the 4th-largest in the United States by enrollment, totaling over 55,000 students, including 8,770 graduate students.
The ideal candidate will:
- have five consecutive years of food service experience in high volume and multi-unit management and strong P&L background;
- can develop exceptional client relations and ensure the facility’s product offerings/solutions ali lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations;
- have a strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience;
- have previous success managing a University Campus account;
- have strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls;
- be versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation;
- be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities.
- food retail experience in an urban environment
- The ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish language will assist in managing this workforce.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.