Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 1
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 63923
Sodexo Healthcare currently has an opportunity for an Executive Chef 1 to provide exceptional leadership to our culinary team at Jackson Behavioral Center, a 140-bed behavioral health center located in Miami, FL.The Executive Chef will be responsible for planning and executing Sodexo programs and systems . He or she will also assist in the cafe renovation project as well as implement a new patient dining and retail dining menu.
This is a high impact, high visibility position that is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides supervision and direction for 17 employees.
- Oversees food service production for inpatient services, a retail location and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the production environment including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction associated with food service.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with a passion for the culinary arts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, engaging and leading a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends to include sustainability.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.