Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64874
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 3 for our growing and dynamic catering operations at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University located in sunny Daytona Beach, FL! The Catering Manager 3 will understand the importance of providing excellent customer experiences every time!
This position has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus Catering events. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks, picnics, and other special events and services. The Catering Manager will work closely with the operations manager, the catering sales team, the culinary team, the marketing team, supervisors, leads, and field catering services team to coordinate the day to day management of event operations.
Manages the set-up and execution of all catered events. Collaborates on event planning with co-managers in sales and culinary functions. Assists with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed. Works with the marketing team on event special promotions. Works with clients/customers and sales team to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Maintains composure in difficult situations. Follows up with clients for feedback after events. Hires, schedules, trains and develops catering staff. Maintains employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation. Ensures all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees. Assists the catering director with establishing operating standards, implementing quality improvements, and communicating them to employees. Meets deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- creative, has excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary in regards to buffet presentations;
- excellent interpersonal skills and excels in client/customer, guest, and employee relations;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to work independently and in concert with co-managers to manage the daily operations of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- excellent time management skills, adapts well to dynamic change, and is driven to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- high level of integrity and considers the best interest of our employees, clients/customers, and our operation;
- experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems;
- anticipates problems that may affect customer experience and financial requirements and moves quickly to correct them with little or no impact to customer relations or the operation.
** Relocation Assistance IS available with this position! **
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.