Your future, so sodexo
Business Development Analyst
Job category: Sales
Job ID: 51187
Sodexo is currently seeking a Proposal Coordinator/Technical Writer (Content Development Analyst). This position will act as the liaison between the Business Development and Creative Services teams in the management and creation of proposals. Position will support all activities of the sales bid process including RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, Follow Up Responses, Best and Final Offers, etc. Additionally, this individual shall fully understand, continually improve, and promote world-class proposal processes, and information warehousing and database management techniques.
Key success factors include:
- Ability to determine proposal requirements and confirm adherence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to translate technical approach into strategic positioning)
- Ability to confidently weave "red threads" through a document
- Commitment to on-time performance
- Management of internal and external resources and stakeholders
- Coordination of inputs, reviews, and strategy implementation
- Problem identification and resolution
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with competing objectives and deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Manage multiple individual proposal processes through completion, including proposal outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments
- Create product-based technical documents supporting the sales and marketing team for a variety of customers, markets and services lines
- Read and interpret solicitation to identify critical items required for a compliant response
- Responsibility for content messaging, appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of all projects within direct line of sight
- Collaboration with sales team to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against our competition
- Attend strategy meetings, proposal working sessions, bidders’ conferences and site surveys, as necessary
- Apply project management techniques to control scope and schedule (compliance matrix, RFP matrix)
- Performs technical writing, editing, and proof-reading as needed
Prior experience writing sales proposals is highly preferred valued over $2M is highly preferred. Candidates should possess a strong understanding of company structure, service offerings, brand identity and corporate philosophy.
Candidates for this position must be extremely detail oriented, organized, have the ability to multi-task and operate with a sense of urgency. Exceptional customer service standards and time management skills are a necessity.
This position will office out of Corporate Headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD OR the regional office in Altamonte Springs, FL.
Position may require occasional travel and often requires extended hours due to deadline constraints.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of experience in project management
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.