Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Finance
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 71391
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Senior Manager, Finance to join our team. The Senior Manager, Finance will have accounting responsibility for two regions, reporting financals for SVP and VPO. Portfolio consist of 80 pieces of business that represents 250 million. This is a virtual position and the ideal candidate will live in the DC metro area. Duties of the role are but not limited to:
- Support the profitable growth of Sodexo
- Alongside Vice President, takes financial ownership for key milestones and baseline validation and solution to deliver client requirements and Sodexo gross profit
- Liaise with Segment Finance with reporting site performance and highlighting key opportunities, risks and concerns
- Lead and coordinate general accounting and financial reporting, cost accounting, auditing, budgeting and forecasting, and systems.
- Oversee the performance compared to both internal and external budget for the facility management side as well as the food services
- Develop and maintain planning and budgeting systems, including analysis and interpretation of trends.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets.
- Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted.
- Ensure that budgets and financial performance are in accordance with business strategic initiatives.
- Assists operations management with training, developing and monitoring account financial goals, forecasts, and resources.
- Ensure accuracy of operating and administrative budgets.
- Monitor and ensure accountability for financial performance, processes, and policies.
- Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability.
- Maintain and improve the control environment surrounding project work and sub-contractors
- Ensure that we are recording accurate taxes
- Review and analyze financial statements and data, and other appropriate financial information to monitor attainment of financial goals.
- Prepare financial and management reports and procedures, and present findings and specific recommendations to senior management regarding profitability cost overruns , project pricing etc.
- Prepare financial statements and general ledger account reconciliations in accordance with all company regulatory requirements.
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management.
- Oversee the period end closing process, ensuring that related expenses are reported in accordance with GAAP.
- Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis (e.g., capital expenditures, cash flow cost/benefit, lease vs. buy).
- Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets.
- Maintain the budgets for function, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income.
- Conduct and document quantitative analysis of financial data needed in planning, budgeting, cost control, project control, etc.
- Generate ad hoc reports and respond to data requests both internally and externally
- Maintain the budgets and forecasts, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated revenues, expenses and income
- Training operations teams within various financial initiatives
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.