Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Marketing
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 66089
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity to join the Sodexo Government team as a Senior Manager, Marketing for Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA).
DeCA is a commissary providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America's military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
This position will service 12 locations in the Mid-Atlantic region of VA, MD, DE, and the District of Columbia. The ideal candidate will reside in Northern VA, MD or the District of Columbia. This position is a hands on Grocery Store marketing position with our operations teams.
The Senior Manager, Marketing will work closely with Sodexo Government Services Operations teams to develop a Marketing strategy which will outline the growth strategy for increasing sales for the units, improving customer satisfaction, and promoting Sodexo’s Brand and creating unique brands that support grocery store sales.
We are seeking Senior Manager, Marketing candidates who:
- Are familiar with market analysis, growth strategy, strategic positioning of marketing initiatives and new sales strategy for $18 million operation
- Will meet with senior client personnel (CEO, COO, etc.) representing the division to present retail strategy in conjunction with market research findings compiled from the field and industry
- Develops complex vendor network , leverages relationships to provide promotions and initiatives to enhance sales across 3 states and the District of Columbia
- Actively works with the local area management and marketing resources to implement marketing & culinary programs and provides on-site unit support as needed
- Ensures operational excellence in assigned areas through account visitation, evaluation, development of corrective actions, and follow up
- Supports the Business Development team in the marketing related components of the survey, proposal, presentation, and new-unit opening processes
- Project Management: The ability to plan resource requirements and secure resources to ensure the successful completion of designated projects and to effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Our ideal Senior Manager, Marketing candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Analyzing grocery store market data
- Driving sales
- Dynamic communication skills – an ambassador for Sodexo to our clients and our customers
- Effective project management skills – able to meet strict deadlines and due dates, work independently and as a team on a wide range of projects
- Background and success in implementing marketing into social media and websites as well as ability to audit and contribute to existing social media presence (this includes Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram).
- Self-motivating, able to communicate and influence others
- Strong technology skills will be helpful in reaching the customers we serve
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in marketing or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.