Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 67764
Sodexo Government has an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef at The United States House of Representatives, a prestigious food service account located in Washington DC. The Sous Chef will be responsible for maintaining an excellent five star level food restaurant while ensuring high customer service standards, impeccable food quality, food safety and cleanliness standards. This position will oversee back of the house operations for the Exclusive 5 Star Members Dining Room located in the Capitol for use by member of the US. Congress. This position must exhibit expert culinary skills and is responsible for the overall planning and directing of food preparation for all guests of the restaurant. Must be an energetic, professional with an excellent track record in hospitality while focused on providing superior food. The ideal candidate must possess in depth knowledge about Food & Beverage industry in addition to superior customer relations skills, excellent communication is essential to build a rapport with guests and ability to lead a team.
The Sous Chef will have full oversight of back of the house operations while managing 4 union employees and complete coordination with front of the house manager. The Menu offerings at this location include Breakfast and Lunch Entrees, ala'carte, dessert and appetizer offerings. This operation is open when congress is in session, the food service manager may take on other responsibilities when congress is out of session.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Train and mentor kitchen staff to higher standards
- manage the daily food production (including production planning and controls)
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards (including recipe compliance and food quality)
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background and Culinary Degree
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- previous experience working in an upscale 5 star environment
- strong management skills
- a focus on food safety/sanitation and physical safety (ServSafe certification is required)
Security clearance is required.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.