Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 2 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 67476
Are you motivated to make a difference? Are you energized by providing great customer service?
Sodexo Government has an exciting opportunity for a Food General Manager 2 at The United States House of Representatives, a prestigious food service account located in Washington DC. The General Manager 2 will be responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and ensuring high customer service standards.
The General Manager 2 will have full oversight of the operation while managing 12 union employees. The food service offerings at this location include a grill, Chef’s table, deli, and salad bar. . This manager will also have responsibility of an unmanned C-Store, a Sodexo brand known as the Twelve. This operation is Monday thru Friday, 52 weeks per year and closed on all Federal holidays.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience in all aspects of restaurant or cafeteria operations, Customer Service, Cash handling, HR responsibilities, Financial Reporting, Marketing and promotions.
- Must have detailed experience and knowledge of the culinary process. To include inventory control, ordering, recipe compliance HACCP and the ability of ensuring food quality at the highest level. Must also be able to forecast sales and maintain the production process.
- This position requires an individual with a high level of financial acumen. Must understand food cost, labor controls, middle of the page expenses with an expert level of P & L knowledge.
- Ability to manage standards/systems in a café / retail operation. The ability to hold employees accountable and the ability to create an engaged productive work force.
- Previous Retail operations experience and a passion for providing quality food options to enhance and elevate the dining experience.
Security clearance is required.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.