Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 74971
Sodexo is seeking a culinary skilled Chef Manager for the EF International Language Center located next to the shops on Laurel Avenue, Takoma Park, MD.
EF International houses international students from Asia, Europe, South America and Middle East. Students come from 2 weeks to 8 weeks and are looking for high quality international flare with a touch of American foods. Client seeks 4 out 5 ratings on weekly surveys so a real focus on food quality and presentation is a must. Gm/Chef Manager will spend 60 % of time in the kitchen directing and assisting staff of 7. Patrons range from 130 in the winter months to 350 in the summer. The location is small so a keen sense of organization is critical.
Open kitchen, feeding average 175 in the fall and winter/ spring feeding 140 and summer feeding 275-350. 365 days a year requires flexible schedule, must be able to work all holidays and weekends. Competent in making soups and sauces from scratch, experience with meat fabrication and marinades, detail oriented and very organized. Will be responsible for all deliveries putting away and checking it in, experience with cash procedures, experience with international foods a plus but not mandatory GM will train the right candidate. Very important that candidate has a positive demeanor with all staff, client and students. This position requires high energy level this is on your feet 90% of the time and also hands on with cooking and covering stations.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.