Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 75076
Are you dedicated to providing stellar customer experience? Looking for the opportunity to grow with an international company?
Sodexo is seeking a Food Retail Manager who is laser focused, creative and imaginative with a discriminatory eye for detail for our campus account at University of New Haven located in West Haven, CT. The Retail Manager will lead our Dining Services team of approx 32 employees. University of New Haven campus is in an urban area with a high-volume operation spread out over a medium size campus with a combination of service points. We are looking for a candidate with experience in QSR formats with national brands experience and knowledge. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, setup and execute daily operations, knowing scheduling, payroll, budgets, sales and leadership skills. Ability to navigate and network with a broad customer base with multi-tasking a key to be a success in a very visible and hands on environment. Organizational and planning skills as well as experience overseeing staff are areas where the candidates need to have a proven track record and can speak to this experience in detail and solid examples. Keen interest of food, trends and being part of a campus team.
Your responsibilities include maintaining food quality and guest service in a cash handling retail food operation that includes branded concepts, in-house formats and signature designs. May assume GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Assists in maintenance of cash control and payroll records.
The ideal candidate will have:
- previous Food Retail management experience, preferably overseeing multiple high volume, fast paced and highly demanding food retail venues.
- Experience using, training and managing a Point of Sale system, cash handling.
- Eye for marketing - implementing and overseeing marketing and sales strategies to increase retail sales.
- Strong hospitality focus - be engaged and interactive with our clients, students, faculty and employees.
- Ability to work weekends and “mid-shifts.”
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to speak Spanish could be helpful in managing this workforce.
This RETAIL Manager will meet the operating standards and expectations as well as proven results in the following areas:
- Leadership – able to provide effective communication to a diverse team of frontline staff and integrate into the current management team along with passion and dedication to be “one of the best,” highly engaged in day to day operations.
- Training – able to articulate, demonstrate and uphold operating standards and expectation for the frontline staff through hands on training, coaching and follow up.
- Financial – proven excellent results with food cost, labor and controllable expenses.
- Organization - The campus executes 7,500 transactions per day on average at this all retail account.
If you believe “one must not eat to live, but must live to eat” and believe you can contribute and want to be part of a forward thinking, passionate, and dedicated team , and consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented then this is the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining our team.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.