Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63733
Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for creativity and is looking for
an exciting and challenging new position?
Sodexo is seeking an exceptional Catering Manager for University of New Haven located in West Haven, CT!
University of New Haven is an Urban college campus with high volume catering operations with service levels from Presidents Office dinners, receptions and services to coffee breaks and drop off events for administration, staff and students. Experience leading setup, execution and cleanup of multiple events at the same time; time management, attention to detail and focus on strong operations knowledge are needed by the ideal candidate. Experience leading events with strong floor presence, handling changes to dealing with issues such as timing are critical skills
and experience that are needed, leading and mentoring team are additional needs . Passion for food, innovation and record of excellence are requirements for this critical position. Interacting with the campus community, detailing events, staffing and training are needed with ability to showcase past experiences in building team and posture of the department. Working with culinary team to present vision of events, taste profiles and timing to ensure seamless service and execution need to be established through successes from prior roles.
This catering manager would be responsible for all catered events on campus - meet with clients, develop menus, work with the culinary team and hire & train wait staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering events and have demonstrated knowledge in the details associated with casual and fine dining, and banquet management. Experience directing catering operations, implementing new offerings, and event sales are a plus! Additional skills include experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong catering experience including solid financial acumen and deep understanding of the technical delivery aspect of catering - as well as event management and sales.
- High volume catering / banquet experience from hotel or banquet/conference center background.
- High profile and high end catering – attention to detail and providing exceptional catering service - developing creative options to fit our client's needs.
- Ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time and utilize a systems-based approach to meet each event’s time-lines/specifications and quality of product.
- A demonstrated knowledge in casual and fine dining, and banquet management.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.