Your future, so sodexo
Senior Analyst, Tax Technology
Job category: IS&T
Job ID: 71538
Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Senior Analyst, Tax Technology in the Tax Department at our office in Avon, CT.
- Liaison between Sales/Use & Property Tax Department and the Information Systems & Technology Department for tax software
- Act as the subject matter expert for tax software and Microsoft Office software
- Provide technical guidance to the Sales/Use & Property Tax Departments regarding software issues
- Responsible for working with IS&T to ensure tax software updates and upgrades are properly applied
- Primary department contact for tax software vendors
- Coordinate the tax responsibilities for new unit set-up process as it relates to Taxware
- Responsible for the import of SAP tax extracts into Vertex Returns Software, and provide software maintenance/support as needed
- Responsible for the Taxware validation process and proper mapping to ensure that Taxware is set-up to tax properly
- Responsible for all tax software maintenance to ensure that the software products are properly functioning
- Proactively provide recommendations regarding how to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the software products in order to streamline processes
- Lead projects related to Taxware, Vertex, and department custom databases
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associates Degree in IS&T or technical training equivalent or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years of experience, including both IS&T & Accounting/Tax experience
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Strong technical skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & listening)
- Strong organization and comprehension skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and monitor progress toward meeting objectives. The ability to adjust plans and actions as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & Access)
- Knowledge of Sales/Use & Property Tax Compliance software (Vertex) and Taxware software preferred.
- Travel as necessary
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years IT and business-related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.