Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 1
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77066
Sodexo is seeking an innovative Executive Chef 1 for Colorado Christian University, located in picturesque Lakewood, Colorado, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains! Located directly between downtown Denver and the Rockies, Lakewood is a city that truly offers the best of both worlds. Plus, we’re just 5 minutes away from shopping, dining, and more at Belmar Plaza. Sodexo at Colorado Christian University offers the opportunity to work with our world-class team in our state-of-the-art facility, opened in the Fall of 2017.
Colorado Christian is a high-volume, fast-paced resident dining facility with over 1100 students on meal plans, brand production, multiple retail food outlets, and Catering. Responsibilities will include: menu planning, food preparation, inventory, purchasing, food and labor costing, employee training, safety and sanitation guidelines, and management of up to 60 employees to include supervisors and hourly associates. The position will require flexibility in scheduling: shift could be weekdays, nights and weekends. With flexible schedules, experienced leadership, and a welcoming team environment, Sodexo at CCU is a location where you can put your skills into practice while continuing to learn and grow. From our restaurant quality kitchen, to our multiple retail locations across campus, to the executive catering events we organize and execute, Sodexo at CCU has opportunities across the board no matter what your culinary interests are.
RELOCATION assistance is available for this opportunity!
The Executive Chef 1 will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all food production in the kitchen including; resident dining, Simply to Go, retail, and catering
- Organizing and managing kitchen staff utilizing resources such as prep lists, recipes, and Sodexo programs
- Deliver high quality food service while controlling inventory/waste
- Daily HAACP logs, line checks, and cleaning lists established and followed
- Ordering & managing food production
- Training staff and ensuring recipes are followed 100% to guidelines
- Ensuring compliance with Audits
- Create a positive environment and ensure Sodexo Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history with high volume production, demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- Has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
The successful candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation guidelines as well as excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, nights, and weekends. Large campus requires the ability to manage caterings and outlets at multiple locations throughout the campus at any given time.
With flexible schedules, experienced leadership, and a welcoming team environment, Sodexo at CCU is a location where you can put your skills into practice while continuing to learn and grow. From our restaurant quality kitchen, to our multiple retail locations across campus, to the executive catering events we organize and execute, Sodexo at CCU has opportunities across the board no matter what your culinary interests are. Sound like the Career Opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.