Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 64593
Excellent Executive Chef Opportunity Available In Sodexo’s Senior Living Division! Apply Today!
Sodexo currently has a job for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at a Senior Living community in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position reports to the General Manager and will have oversight and responsibility for day to day culinary operations for a comprehensive, high end, quality driven, resident dining program at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees food service production for residential dining, a retail location, as well as high end catering production for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures effective and efficient process management.
- Responsible for menu development and design for all levels of resident dining as well as for the retail outlet and high end catering.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides daily training and coaching to the culinary team, and directly manages up to 30 employees.
- Accountable for positively impacting resident satisfaction associated with food service.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as residents, this position will be highly involved with the community.
- Participates in special events at the community such as exhibition cooking, upscale dinner events, and high end catering.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and labor cost at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you:
- Experience in a hotel/retail dining environment and a passion for culinary arts and hands on cooking.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail environment.
- A strong understanding of innovative cuisine trends, including fresh food and fine dining.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning experience is a must, as well as project management experience.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peek at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.