Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 6 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 77226
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking, innovative campus community at a University that is nestled in the Greater San Francisco Bay area in California?
Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced General Manager 6 to lead and direct a NEW high-volume university Food Service Contract with a volume of over $10M which offers high volume resident dining, retail and catering operations and over 250 employees. We are looking for the selected General Manager to become part of the campus community - demonstrating your excellent relationship skills to really engage the client, the students and the faculty.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have five consecutive years of food service experience in a high volume and multi-unit management environment with a strong P&L background
- Will have the skills to develop exceptional client relations
- Ensure the facility’s product offerings/solutions and lead/motivate the management team
- Inspire strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations
- Have previous success managing a University Campus account
- Have strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls
- Be well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and can develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for this exciting opportunity! **
Sound like the career path you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.