Your future, so sodexo
Food Operations Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 64401
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an Food Operations Manager 2 for Samarkand which is located between the Pacific Ocean and the striking Santa Ynez Mountains in Santa Barbara, California. Samarkand is a high-end continuing care retirement community with 400 residents. This position will oversee daily operations for all resident dining. Will report to the General Manager and manage 3 managers, with a total hourly staff of approximately 30 FT and PT hourly employees.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food operations manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily food operations (fine dining/formal dining room, cafe, tray service, and catering)
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals (Fee acount);
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has 3 or more years previous food service management experience ideally in a healthcare environment;
- has strong knowledge of safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
- a dietary manager certification is a plus; and
- is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Careers in Senior Living:
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
In Sodexo Senior Living, Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team with this career opportunity.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.