Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Area General
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 72728
Sodexo is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Area General for The Sharp Memorial Health System located in San Diego, CA. Sodexo Health Care has an exciting career opportunity to lead our team in providing best in class food and nutrition services at Sharp Memorial Hospital as well as the other Sharp Hospitals in the area. The position will oversee a GM 6 at SMMC (which is > 10 million in managed volume) and acts as a position leader to the Sharp System GM’s in Retail and Finance ( another ~12 million in managed volume). 2 facilities are union and 2 are non union.
Candidates for position should be Registered Dietitian’s, Certified Dietary Managers or possess a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition.
Sharp Memorial is a 650+ bed acute care hospital. Reporting to the District Manager, our Senior Manager will lead our team in delivering food and nutrition services for patient dining, retail café and catering services throughout the system.
This Main Campus is one of our largest most prestigious clients, who expects and drives innovations, top decile performance, Zero Errors/Zero Harm and a systemized approach to our services. We have made tremendous progress in delivering on these expectations will continue to drive consistent results. The Senior Area GM opening in this high volume and needs a very talented leader that clearly understands the high demands expected of this position and someone who has been trained in and possesses the skills to deliver on initiatives. He or she will oversee two hospitals that share the same campus, as well as Sharp's Corporate Dining office with a combined total volume of over 13M. High retail volume of over 8M; patient meal programs include Expressly for You. The selected candidate will supervise 150 employees and have 11 direct reports. The General Manager will be the main point of contact for the client acting as a liaison to drive and support the expectations of Sodexo’s Healthcare Division while supporting our mission and values.
Your success will be measured by:
- Your ability to develop the managers into a high performing team
- Integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted advisor and member of the hospital’s leadership team
- Meeting all Sodexo’s standards for programs that are in place
- Achieve continuous improvement in patient satisfaction scores
Knowledge of regulatory compliance (CMS, Joint Commission, local and state) is required. Our GM will also have a passion for promoting Health, Wellness & Sustainability, and be an innovative leader with exceptional financial acumen as well as demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
Sodexo at Sharp supports this mission by providing an engaging workforce and excellent patient care. We are looking for an individual who values the patient experience and motivating and inspiring their employees to realize the rewards of providing excellent patient care.
Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities.
Do you strive to be the best of the best?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations with multiple departments;
- leader of high quality services in food service with knowledge of other services.
- daily interaction with client leadership;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- foster client and customer relationships;
- develop and execute strategic plans;
- create a positive environment through team building, coaching and development of employee and management team and;
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a proven work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has a strong background and experience in contract healthcare food service management and full knowledge of regulatory requirements such as The Joint Commission, CMS, CDPH, etc.
- has a proven track record and demonstrated ability to successfully manage a Profit & Loss operation;
- can manage ancillary services, a diverse management team, and demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to drive patient satisfaction and employee engagement in a Union environment; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
offering robust benefit packages for its employees.
Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.