Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 2 - located in San Bernardino, CA
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 73459
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Unit Controller 2 to oversee accounting and financial matters for California State University – San Bernardino, a large multi-unit public university in San Bernardino, CA - Southern California This Southern California university is currently experiencing rapid growth, and the Sodexo Dining offerings include a large resident dining program, multiple retail venues and high end and high volume Catering.
** RELOCATION assistance is available for this exciting opportunity! **
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
Day to day, this UNIT CONTROLLER 2 will be responsible for over $10M contract with multiple cost centers; accounts payable/receivable, internal audits and financial reporting, invoice reconciliation, creating weekly and monthly financial reports and safe audits, and managing client billings. If selected, you will participate in continuous process improvements for increasing revenues and decreasing costs
The ideal Unit Controller will:
- be a seasoned finance/accounting professional with similar volume, with strong fundamentals with P & L accounts -including financial reporting, accruals, audits, budgeting and analyzing business trends, trending / tracking and financial computer applications.
- have a strong financial background in a University or large corporate environment and experience handling with multiple budgets.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to present with clarity in an organized manner and have a high attention to detail.
- Have highly developed analytical skills and very engaged in the financial status of the account.
- Familiarity with unit operations are highly desired.
- Be proficient with computer applications – database, software, interfacing and reconciling with the university.
- have an undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or finance preferred), with a minimum of five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
Ideally an internal Sodexo finance professional would be preferred, however, would consider someone outside of contract food management who has managed high volume, multi-unit, multi-million dollar accounts within the food or hospitality industry.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.