Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Area General
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 61442
Do you Possess Strong Leadership Skills? Are you Results Oriented? Are you motivated to make a difference?
Sodexo is currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Area General Manager of Food Services to join our team at Stanford University Hospital, located in Palo Alto, California. This senior level position will report directly to the District Manager and will have oversight and responsibility for day to day oversight of all food operations including patient services, retail café operations, Physicians dining and catering services for Stanford University Medical Center.
Stanford University Hospital is a world renowned academic medical center situated in Palo Alto between San Francisco and San Jose. The hospital has 600 beds, over 2000 nurses and 2000 medical staff. The mission of the hospital is to care, to educate and to innovate. The vision of the hospital is “Healing humanity through science and compassion one patient at a time.” Food Service is a shared service for both Stanford Hospital and the adjacent Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (235 beds). We provide patient dining, retail café operations and onsite catering services.
Senior Area General Manager Responsibilities include:
- Manages 100 employees and around $27 million in patient services, retail sales, and catering volume at 2 locations on an annual basis.
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Works to achieve high quality patient satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for all Sodexo and client reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the client on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meets (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
If this describes your background, we want to hear from you!
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- New unit opening experience
- Capability to work collaboratively, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Professional communication skills.
- A passion for a high level of customer service.
- Experience with project management and implementation of Sodexo programs.
- Proficient computer skills and report management experience.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience with profit and loss accounts.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
Candidates for this position should be Registered Dietitians, Certified Dietary Managers or have a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or a similar B.S. degree.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 4 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.