Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 3
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 66080
We have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital which is part of the Stanford Univeristy system located adjacent to the campus at 725 Welch Road, in Palo Alto, CA.
Sign on bonus available.
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital is in the process of creating America’s most technologically advanced, family-friendly and environmentally sustainable hospital for babies, children and pregnant women. The new hospital, set to debut in December 2017, adds 521,000 square feet of building space and 149 patient beds. Six new surgical suites, a nuclear medicine department, three new imaging units, four diagnostic units including a cardiac “hybrid” angiography suite, and more than 3.5 acres of healing gardens and green space are designed into the project. The new facility will include a brand new Retail Cafe and Kitchen space with the implementation of Sodexo's At Your Request (AYR) Room Service. The hopsital will be adding a licensed Starbuck's shortly after the initial tansition.
It is a very demanding and challenging Union environment that will require strong leadership and accounatbility and strong client relations skills.
Reporting to our Sr. Area General Manager, The Executive Chef will be responsible for managing all culinary services for the foodservice department, including menu planning, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- manage the daily food production including production labor to budget
- manage and implement retail promotions
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop creative catering menus
- manage and uphold the food safety and sanitation in compliance with Sodexo and State and Local Health Department standards
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
- experience with online Food Management Systems
The ideal candidate has:
- prior Executive Chef experience with a strong eye for detail
- a strong culinary background that includes fine dining and catering, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends; open to change and innovation on a daily basis
- excellent leadership, service standards, great communication skills and strong work ethics
- the ability to train and manage kitchen staff focusing on accountability
- high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- ServSafe certification
- most important, be a team leader
Working for Sodexo:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.