Your future, so sodexo
General Manager, Laundries - CA
Job category: Laundries
Job ID: 65448
Sodexo Laundries Division is looking for a General Manager in Orange County, CA.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, supervises, mentors and motivate employees to ensure quality and timeliness of plans, projects, and work activities by establishing routines for monitoring performance.
- Provides specific and meaningful feedback pertaining to good performance, recognizing employees’ accomplishments and rewarding their efforts both formally and informally.
- Ensures that budgets and financial performance are in accordance with business strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance by reviewing financial reports, statements, and historical data.
- Prepares and review reports (e.g., client and corporate operations reports; monthly financial, status, training, productivity, inventory).
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local regulations and Sodexho/client policies and procedures.
- Conducts laundry cleaning and delivery of linens.
- Ensures proper sanitation in the laundry environment.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of laundry machines including operating tunnels, washers, dryers, automatic sheet folders, commercial iron, steamer, pant press, and using linen rollers and spot remover.
- Directs the daily operations of a large industrial laundry facility in the processing and delivery of laundry/linens.
- Responsible for engineering, preventative and maintenance of all equipment.
- Manages and develops client relations in order to satisfy client(s)’s needs and expectations. Participate in contract reviews, negotiations, agreements, and renewals with District Manager and/or Sodexo staff.
- Maintains knowledge of contractual obligations in order to fulfill client(s)’ needs.
- Develops and implements a business plan for the client, including identifying needs, goals, and needed resources of plan.
- Develops and implements client and Sodexho strategic plan, including: short- and long-term goals.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.