Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 3
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 70610
Are you a seasoned finance/accounting leader with strong fundamentals in P & Ls, managing multiple unit's financials -including financial reporting, accruals,audits, budgeting and analyzing business trends? If so, Sodexo may be looking for you!
Sodexo Campus West is seeking an experienced Unit Controller to oversee accounting and financial matters for multiple cost centers for our Food Services at Pepperdine University campus in beautiful Malibu, CA. Pepperdine University is located on 830 acres of hillside overlooking Malibu beaches and Santa Monica (12 miles away) while the Pacific Ocean laps nearly at our doorstep. Sodexo’s Food Service operations at Pepperdine University include: Multiple Retail Operations including in house brands and franchise brands serving upwards to 7,5000 transactions daily, High Volume Catering, and Concessions - . This is a High Profile account with a High level client interaction.
This role reports to the General Manager and works very closely with the University Finance Manager; will have financial responsibility for 13 cost centers and over $ 11M managed volume. This position requires a professional, independent individual that can make decisions and reach out to resources without constant guidance and management interaction. Day to day, this position will be responsible for accounts payable/receivable, cash control and handling, internal audits and financial reporting, creating weekly cash reports, invoice reconciliation, creating weekly and monthly financial reports and safe audits, and managing client billings. If selected, you will participate in continuous process improvements for increasing revenues and decreasing costs.
The ideal Unit Controller will
- be a seasoned finance/accounting leader with strong fundamentals with P & L accounts -including financial reporting, accruals, audits, budgeting and analyzing business trends, trending / tracking and financial computer applications.
- have a strong financial background in a University or large corporate environment and experience handling with multiple budgets.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to present with clarity, and in an organized manner skills and have a high attention to detail.
- Have highly developed analytical skills and very engaged in the financial status of the account.
- Familiarity with unit operations are highly desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of financial experience for a Fortune 50 company preferred.
Ideally, an internal Sodexo finance professional would be preferred, however, would consider someone outside of contract food management who has managed high volume, multi-unit, multi-million dollar accounts within the food or hospitality industry. Exceptional computer skills (excel, word, outlook) are required.
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.