Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 66571
Sodexo at Pepperdine University, a high profile account with high expectations from our clients, clientele, and organization located in beautiful Malibu California, is looking for a “Hands On” Food Retail Manager 3 who is able to become part of a high energy team, who is laser focused, creative and imaginative with a discriminatory eye for detail and excellent business acumen to lead our Waves Café team. The Waves Cafe offers 10 different cuisine platforms, averages over $4,000 transactions a day and over $4M in retail volume a year, and serve as the "Manager on Duty" some weekends and evenings.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- 3 - 5 years prior experience managing in a fast paced, high volume dining family restaurant.
- able to remain calm and focused in a highly demanding environment, understands and is able to meet the operating standards and expectations.
- demonstrate:Leadership – able to provide effective communication to a diverse team of frontline staff and integrate into the current management team along with passion and dedication to be “one of the best,” highly engaged in day to day operations.
- be experienced in Training – able to articulate, demonstrate and uphold operating standards and expectation for the frontline staff through hands on training, coaching and follow up.
- Have strong Financial acumen - proven excellent results with food cost, labor and controllable expenses.
WHY Sodexo at Pepperdine?
The campus executes 7,500 transactions per day on average at this all retail account. Pepperdine University is located on 830 acres of hillside overlooking Malibu beaches and Santa Monica (12 miles away) while the Pacific Ocean laps nearly at our doorstep.
Are you the manager we are looking for? We are seeking someone who is laser focused, creative and imaginative with a discriminatory eye for detail and excellent business acumen.
If you believe “one must not eat to live, but must live to eat” and believe you can contribute and want to be part of a forward thinking, passionate, and dedicated team who strive each day to do the right things and consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented, and believe we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such, than this is the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining our team. APPLY TODAY! #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.