Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Safety & Health
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 68431
US-CA-Los Angeles or Virtual
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Safety & Health Manager.
This is a virtual position and will lead the safety efforts in the Western U.S. Candidates should reside in one of these states: AZ, CA, OR, NV, WA.
Provides visionary and integrated accident prevention leadership and support to all Sodexo business segments located in this Western region. Our major function is to integrate safety into the culture of the organization, producing consistently safe environments for our employees, clients, and customers. The outcome will support and help exceed 2017 initiatives, strengthen the organization's core processes, and mitigate insurance costs.
This safety professional will do the following:
- Identify and address potential hazards that may cause injury, illness, or property damage
- Assess safety & health risks associated with equipment, processes, facilities or abilities;
- Reduce fire hazards by inspection
- Ensure regulatory compliance and environment protection
- Provide training to employees and managers with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize hazards and perform their jobs safely and effectively
- Advise and help unit managers establish safety objectives, plan programs to achieve those objectives
- Ensure that dangerous chemicals are procured, stored and disposed of in ways that prevent fires and comply with regulatory standards
- Maintain safety & health information to meet state and/or federal OSHA requirements as well as to provide data for problem solving and decision-making
- Assist with crisis management
- Manage the safety program and track the execution of activities to achieve safety objectives that mitigate insurance cost
- Determine accident causative factors and facilitate appropriate remedial actions
Communicate Workplace Health and Safety information to Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers and District Safety Coordinators within assigned territory. Develops and implements Safety Improvement Plans for High Loss Units; performs pre-bid sales audits on potential new business; supports new unit openings; meets with clients on safety related issues; addresses union safety matters; provides guidance to District's Safety Coordinator(s) and Regional Safety Coordinator(s); implement OHSAS 18001 systems; conducts performance reviews; follow-up on safety related "office of employee rights" cases as needed; follow-up on investigating legal matters as directed by the legal department; supports all business segments on all OSHA and other regulatory inspections and citations. Ensures corporate abatement of regulatory violations, key participant at informal and contesting stages, and determines settlements.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in occupational health & safety programs, loss control, or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.