Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Employee Relations
Job category: Human Resources
Job ID: 76364
Sodexo has a NEW exciting Senior Manager, Employee Relations positions now available with our Employee Relations Services Center. This positions is part of our enterprise HR shared service delivery model by responding to, investigating and working to resolve escalated employee relations incidents involving alleged harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation as well as other areas requiring complex investigations.
Please note: This position is VIRTUAL with up to 30% travel required - incumbent must be located in California.
Experience with California employment laws required
The Senior Manager(s) of Employee Relations will be responsible for the following:
- Use extensive subject matter expertise in conflict management to conduct fact-finding investigation activities related to internal and external inquiries, complaints, and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedy to resolve complaint or concern.
- Report factual findings and make recommendations for remedial action. Prepare formal reports on investigations. Provide advice to management, as appropriate, on EEO laws and company EEO policies and practices.
- Work to ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures and local, state, and federal requirements.
- As appropriate, attempt to mediate EEO or employee relations-related conflicts among employees.
- Interact frequently with Senior Management and exercise extreme discretion and strong independent judgment in investigating and evaluating complex employee issues which, if handled inappropriately, could expose the company to significant financial and reputational risk.
- Visit Company locations, as needed, contact supervisors, review policy manuals, and consult with other subject matter experts in the Company as necessary to assist in resolving complaints within established SLAs.
- Coordinate closely with management in reviewing the status of employee complaints and concerns, cases, identifying problem areas, and alleviating causes of employee dissatisfaction.
- Follow up with employees after resolution of employee complaints and concerns to help ensure that there is no retaliation against an employee for filing a complaint or concern.
- Counsel and advise managers of appropriate interventions to address employee relations' issues (e.g., performance improvement process) and monitor progress.
- Apply knowledge of ADA and reasonable accommodation process. Lead interactive process with employees regarding requests for reasonable accommodation and identify appropriate solutions in compliance the law.
- Partner with the Law Department, Labor Relations, and other corporate HR departments as necessary to ensure effective case management and resolution
- Work with managers/supervisors to ensure Operations-prepared documentation is thorough and accurate; identify inadequacies and provide coaching to improve future documentation. Accurately document case work and timely response within case management system to ensure comprehensive audit trail.
- Serve as policy expert for the ER Center-related policies, procedures, forms, and job aids.
- Manage ad hoc vendor relationships as necessary to support and resolve identified ER issues and concerns (ER specific training; grief counseling, etc.)
- Identify ER trends in specific regional geography and communicate concerns to supervisor.
- The preferred candidate will have the following background / skillset:
- 8-10 years of HR experience with significant experience in investigating and responding to employee relations issues, especially those involving harassment/discrimination allegations and/or reasonable accommodation requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/related field and/or equivalent work experience
- SPHR Preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. This includes the ability to generate basic reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization in a collaborative way. The ability to explain process and policy to both subject matter experts and non-experts
- Must have critical attention to detail and reporting.
- Ability to influence peers and operations management.
- Strong organizational skills with a customer service focus
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Must be able to work independently; must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
Sodexo is the 18th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of Human Resources experience with significant experience in investigating and responding to employee relations issues, especially those involving harassment/discrimination allegations and/or reasonable accommodation requests
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.