Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Construction Management
Job category: Engineering
Job ID: 71267
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager to oversee our West Coast Healthcare clients along w/ a few University facility accounts.
This is a virtual opportunity that will require travel up to 75% across the Western United States. Primarily to our accounts in California.
We are looking for experience managing large and complex construction projects with significant capital value. The Sr. Project Manager leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation, contract negotiation and remodeling activities. Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to pro-actively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Sodexo standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the Regional Solutions Ops Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards.
- Assists Sales and Development Team in project development efforts. As a member of the Project Development Team, responsible for the audit timeline and project execution. Develops cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids. Determines final cost for execution of the Performance Contracting Scope.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical
Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an
- Minimum of 8 years of direct project management experience in
the Building Construction Industry - Healthcare Industry
experience a plus
- Experience managing large MEP projects-also a plus.
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of
simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different
- Project Management experience - Demonstrated verbal and
written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office
(excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic
Relocation is available
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Management Experience - 5 years supervisory experience in construction or engineering related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.