Your future, so sodexo
Food Production Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 66706
Grow your career in a Management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo currently has a job opening for a Food Production Manager/Culinary Support join our Sr. Living Team at The Terraces of Los Gatos, in Los Gatos, California. This position will report directly to the General Manager but will work directly with the Executive chef and the manager of the health center. This position will be responsible for day to day oversight of all food production operations for the food service operations at this location. This is a Continuing Care Retirement Community with: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care for a total of close to 400 property residents.
- Primarily oversees food service production for residential dining and catering at this account with close to 400 residents.
- Has oversight of up to 30 employees and works side by side with the production employees in the kitchen.
- Completes food service ordering using Sodexo systems.
- Works with the Executive Chef to develop and grow the menu for the dining area as well as catering while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service to the residents and guests.
- Understands and helps to manage the financials, and operations budget, and ensures that financial targets and goals are obtained.
- Oversees Sodexo cash handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS).
- Provides technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as residents.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels and participates in the audit process.
- Accountable for positively impacting resident satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you:
- A passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity and desire to be in hands-on work environment.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in a healthcare/Sr. Living or retail setting.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning and development as well as high end catering experience.
- Professional communication skills and ability to build and foster strong client relationships for Sodexo.
- Ability to multitask and manage a high volume workload.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead and develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to critically analyze financials and draw conclusions.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- The typical schedule will be Sunday through Thursday with some holiday and additional catering coverage requested.
- Seeking bilingual candidates. The ability to speak Spanish or Tagalog will be beneficial in managing this workforce.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.