Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Specialist
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 72487
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Unit Marketing Specialist for Loyola Marymount University - a premier, private, faith based university located in Playa Vista /Los Angeles, CA. This position supports all dining venues operated by Sodexo at Loyola Marymount University and the Loyola Law School. Operations at this Flagship university consists of Resident Dining, Retail Dining and Catering/Conference Services.
The Unit Marketing Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of all marketing rollouts and training of national marketing programs to support unit operations. The Unit Marketing Specialist will be working with the 14 food Retail venues. The ideal candidate has 3 - 5 years of food retail marketing experience - meal plan sales, merchandise designs, program development and execution, and visual merchandise upgrades that are current with market trends.
This is an hands on marketing role that requires feet on the street, hands on marketing and merchandising in the Student Dining and Food Retail venues on campus, actively engaging in communication with the students, educating on value of VMPs, updating them on Theme Nights and Limited Time Offers, etc.
What’s in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Specialist will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
This is a great opportunity for marketing graduate with field experience who also has the ability to train along with possessing stellar verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate has a formal degree/ trade school certificate and food marketing experience in a campus environment.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Training: Can you successfully train hourly dining staff employees in the area of customer service?
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our VMPs (Voluntary Meal Plans) through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "in-house" marketing programs?
- Student Engagement: Can you engage with and integrate into the student body in order to obtain honest and constructive feedback and suggestions?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Train hourly staff in the area of customer service
- Identify internal/external customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers with a special emphasis on building a partnership with our client and our client's marketing team
- Maintain marketing information on intranet, company, and/or client websites, social media.
- Create monthly marketing calendars and host events to engagestudent and employee participation
- Coordinate all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
Sound like the career step you have been waiting for? APPLY TODAY and Join the Sodexo Team at LMU!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.