Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 2
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 72799
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Controller 2 for Cedar Sinai Medical Center located in Los Angeles, CA.
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
The Unit Controller 2 will be responsible for all unit accounting, working closely with the GM on forecasting, budgeting, and client reporting. This position will have a great deal of responsibility as it pertains to cash handling, vendor reconciliations, billing and collections . This position also maintains cashier audits for all cash handling employees.
The successful candidate will have a high level of organization and ability to multi-task, prioritize, analyze and direct information. They will have strong adaptability and professionalism, as well as exceptional customer service and critical thinking skills. Experience in the food services industry is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- have strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, familiarity with accounting processes of a large company, strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance related computer applications;
- have the ability to apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and its clients;
- support customization of non-standard operating statements, executive summaries and centralized billings;
- have familiarity with unit operations;
- have the ability to develop working relationships with field operators and the ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information – this includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of the division using financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans;
- have strong computer skills;
- have an undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or finance preferred), with a minimum of five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.