Your future, so sodexo
Retail Operations Manager
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 71568
Sodexo has an opportunity for a Retail Operations Manager to join our Healthcare food services team at the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles in the Los Angeles, CA. This role will be responsible for the management of the high volume, fast paced retail environment at an outstanding Sodexo account. The Retail Operations Manager will execute the ongoing development of Sodexo’s retail strategy to drive sales, revenue and customer satisfaction for this account.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees the retail operations for the cafeteria as well as all catering, including VIP catering
- Provides solid leadership and management to ensure employee engagement for a team of 30 employees
- Provides continued innovation of the retail offerings at the account to follow health and wellness oriented food and culinary trends
- Provides the customer with a consistent quality experience in the retail café
- Assists in the maintenance of cash control and payroll records, as well as inventory, and purchasing
- Monitors and reports on the unit retail budget annually, as well as all other reporting including labor and sales reporting for the high volume retail location
- Ensures a high quality customer satisfaction
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall work place safety standards.
- Drives sales, revenue, customer and client satisfaction
If this describes your background, we want to hear from you!
- Ability to drive sales and be a strong leader in a very fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to execute retail food service initiatives quickly, effectively and efficiently
- Strong leadership and extensive team management experience
- Knowledge of current health and wellness culinary concepts
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be successful in a lean process, metrics driven environment
- Ability to foster strong client and customer relationships
- Strong understanding of retail marketing concepts and strategies
- Self-motivated with strong drive to be process oriented
- Understanding of Sodexo systems is beneficial
- Strong financial acumen, ability to analyze sales data, understand trends and address business opportunities
- Excellent computer skills necessary
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo champions a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful and we remain committed to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in retail operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.