Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 3 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63887
Are You A Charismatic Leader Who Drives Customer Satisfaction Through Employee Engagement?
Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a General Manager/Director of Food Services to join our Senior Living team at The Terraces at Los Altos in Los Altos, California. In support of our 5 star dining program, this General Manager/Director of Food Services is responsible for client and resident relations, will manage 3 Sodexo Managers who oversee 30 employees and will interact daily with residents and clients to provide exceptional customer service and program enhancements.
This is a brand new 120 resident re-develop active adult community, and part of a larger system on the west coast with resort style dining and amenities for four levels of living: residential, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care. The Terraces at Los Altos is conveniently located near the exciting and diverse dining, shopping and entertainment of downtown Los Altos and everything great about the Bay Area.
General Manager Responsibilities include:
- Oversees all day to day food and nutrition services operations for this Senior Living account.
- Leads and manages around 30 employees and over $2.5 Million in Managed Volume on an annual basis.
- Responsible for driving resident satisfaction through strong employee engagement.
- Oversight of the production of all resident meals and catering to support this continuing care retirement community which includes independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus. This position is considered a director level role for this client.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals for multiple budget areas.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
If you have the following qualification, we want to hear from you!
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and preferably knowledge and experience in a senior living environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a high caliber hotel/restaurant or senior living environment.
- Ability to lead, develop and engage employees.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- Excellent computer skills and report management experience.
- Exceptional human resource and leadership management skillset.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to demonstrate detailed operational analysis and manage budgets.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for a high level customer service and relationship oriented.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Able to manage and execute multiple priorities, and manage multiple long-standing projects.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.