Your future, so sodexo
Food Operations Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63640
Do you enjoy a fine dining environment? Are you looking for quality of life and enjoy providing a high level of professional customer service?
Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a Food Operations Manager 2 to join our Sr. Living team at The Terraces at Los Altos in Los Altos, California. The Food Operations Manager 2 will report directly to the General Manager and works directly with the General Manager and Executive Chef to ensure smooth dining service at this outstanding account. This is a Continuing Care Retirement Community with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing for a total of around 300 residents.
Job responsibilities Include:
- Oversees all of the food service operations for the front of the house, including 3 dining rooms, with specific focus on food and service quality.
- Leads and directs around 25-30 employees in the main dining areas for all levels of care.
- Oversees all front of the house hiring, training, coaching, and mentors employees for day to day operations.
- Maintains standards for superior client and resident relationships.
- Oversees catering events, including meetings with clients, menu development and billing.
- Completes inventory and ordering for the front of the house service needs.
- Maintains the Sodexo point of sales system, including programing and reporting.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships through delivering a high level of customer service and meeting client expectations.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals for the operations.
- Creates a positive and supportive work environment.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Provides management assistance in other areas of the food service operation as needed to support the unit.
This position will work collaboratively with the Sodexo management team to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through exceptional execution and delivery of service at the account.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would like to hear from you about this job!
- Fine dining experience in a restaurant or hotel is a must for this outstanding account.
- Strong HR skills to lead and direct staff of 30 employees.
- Passion for leadership, training and mentoring.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office, scheduling software, and ability to learn proprietary software.
- Knowledge of state and federal industry regulations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- Ability to effectively problem solve.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in detailed financial reporting.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team! Apply Now!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 4 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.