Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77439
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to join the team at Centinela Medical Center in Inglewood, CA.
Centinela Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) has served the residents of Inglewood and surrounding areas since 1924. In 1960, the hospital began construction of a new 60-bed addition. Throughout the late 1960’s and 1970’s, it continued to expand to 369 beds. Centinela Hospital is consistently at the forefront in providing innovative and integrated healthcare. In 2007, the hospital was purchased by Prime Healthcare Services. CHMC is now a 369-bed acute care hospital offering comprehensive, quality healthcare in a convenient, compassionate and cost effective manner. The hospital offers an emergency department, orthopedic care, advanced cardiac services, peripheral artery disease treatment and OB/GYN services in a caring and conducive environment. CHMC is actively involved in improving the health of the community with programs designed to meet the needs of those that it serves.
CHMC has been awarded full accreditation from the Joint Commission – the nation’s leading healthcare rating organization – and earned their coveted Gold Seal of Approval™, further establishing our goal to provide excellent health care and safety.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- be flexible for travel supporting locations within Southern California
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a healthcare food service environment and strong understanding of regulatory guidelines;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills. #LI
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.