Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 1 - Multi-Service
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 77698
Sodexo is an international organization whose mission is to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve".
Sodexo Corporate Services North America is seeking experienced General Manager 1 - Multi-Service for a premier, client in Fremont, California
The position is for a small Catholic convent that is a retirement home for a small community of female clergy. We provide three simple meals a day for them and various sit-down, catered meals during the year. Most importantly, we are looking for a person that can work closely with this senior community and provide high levels of customer support. This is a great job for just the right person who likes to communicate and has a heart for this type of service. Reporting directly to the Area General Manager, this hands-on position will supervise a team of 40 and two managers.
Our ideal candidate will have prior Environmental Service/Custodial Management and Food Service Management experience in a hospital or healthcare setting with a successful work history leading others. Seeking self-starters with excellent customer service, communication and relationship building skills.
If you have the following skills, then we would love to hear from you:
- strong facility management
- property management
- multitask and manage a high volume workload
- fleet and vendor management
- troubleshoot and think quickly on your feet
The ideal candidate we seek will:
- Be proactive in meeting goals
- Recognize the importance of effective leadership in meeting targets
- Identify and employ new ideas that will keep the guests engaged
- Recognize and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with clients, customers, and team members
- Follow the principles of managing by example, to maintain contact with clients, customers, and associates
- Promote teamwork within unit
- Enjoy engaging with residents
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment for our residents
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.