Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 2 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 51548
Ever consider growing your Food Service Management Career in sunny Northern California? Check out this General Manager position - an excellent opportunity to gain critical experience in running a Sodexo account and provides strong mentoring for growing into the next step with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager of Food Service operations at The Athenian School in Danville, CA a private High School and Middle School near San Francisco Bay area. This GM will have overall responsibility for total account management - Needs experience in sustainable dining programs with emphasis on education and teaching all aspects of program. Client and student relations are critical for the success of this position - this GM must be willing to engage in Athenian School community through the year. Client looking for General Manager that will have passion for sustainable living and community involvment. This GM will oversee the Resident Dining operation serving 60 boarding students, as well as overseeing all campus catering. The 162 students in the Middle School and 316 in the Upper School are from 30 Bay Area cities and 12 countries in an environment that values inclusion, intellectual curiosity, social responsibility, individuality, and humor. The Ideal Candidate should demonstrate the same values and will have:
- Previous success managing in a Campus Dining account or large Business Dining program.
- Hands-on management approach, comfortable communication style and strong team building skills as the successful candidate will interact with students, staff, faculty, client, and hourly employees. .
- Successful experience partnering with a client in involvement / commitment to the campus and surrounding community. We are seeking a collaborative management style.
- Proven Leadership, Computer Skills, and Food/Beverage Cost controls are key skills that must be mastered to be successful as a GM with Sodexo.
- Drive and passion for the industry - Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to work successfully with diverse clients, students and employees at multiple venues.
- Culinary background and understanding and strong catering experience.
Why Sodexo? Sodexo Campus Services - committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food and facilities services and we welcome you to join our team with this career opportunity. Take a sneak peak at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G. For more information on culinary careers with Sodexo -visit http://www.sodexochefjobs.com/index.html
Why Choose The Athenian School: “Our dining service, run by Sodexo, uses fresh ingredients and offers three healthy meals a day for boardings students during the week. We cook cuisines from around the world, ranging from Asian and Italian to Mexican and American. Athenian dining features organic, sustainable, and seasonal cuisine. “ For more information about The Athenian School visit: http://www.athenian.org/Page/About-Us/Who-We-Are
Why Select Northern California for your career path? The San Francisco Bay Area, on California's northern coast, is known for its diversity: diversity of landscape, people, cultures, and politics. Within 25 miles of Athenian, you can ride the cable cars in San Francisco's historic neighborhoods, meet innovators in Silicon Valley, explore the food scene in Berkeley, and take in the second largest view in the world from the top of Mt. Diablo.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.