At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have a new career opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 in Coronado, CA.
Reporting to our General Manager, you will be responsible for supporting our culinary operations for the food and nutrition services in the Sharp Healthcare System, including menu planning, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- manage the daily food production including production labor to budget
- manage and implement retail promotions
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop menus and manage inventory
- participates in patient satisfaction initiatives
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- experience with online Food Management Systems
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- excellent leadership and communication skills
- high expectations for customer service and quality of food for patients, retail customers and physicians
- previous experience working in a healthcare account
- ServSafe certification, culinary degree preferred
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
To learn more about how Sodexo can contribute to your Quality of Life Click Here.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.